That went well!
My Redwing Pi is now back to usable and is using the Adafruit Occidentalis v0.2 distro.
Here’s a list of what it currently has on it now I’ve finished with my tweaks:
- Hexxeh’s rpi-update
- Up-to-date raspi-config
- Memory split to favour core rather than video
- Overclocked to 900mhz (not verified that’s worked yet)
- GIT core
- Two wifi networks (home and work) with auto-connect at boot
- Using the Edimax wifi adapter that is becoming so beloved (the one with the gold usb contact)
- Used a script to speed up the boot cycle
- Increased the size of the shell history to make documentation easier.
- Installed the following:
- screen (to allow login sessions to be accessed by multiple users)
- Apache and PHP (to give you a web server)
- Samba (to let you see and use your Pi’s drive on a Windows network)
- Raspcontrol (a web interface to let you see what’s going on with your Pi without remoting in)
Now backing the image up so I can go to the MK Raspberry Jam with my ‘virgin Pi’ presentation and get back to where I was easily.