Here’s a nice 3D printable project for you. fgebhart has used a Raspberry Pi Zero, some prototyping board, an alphanumeric display, an amplifier and a 3D-printed enclosure to build a smart alarm clock.
It has the following features:
- text to speech synthesizer
- three ways of wake-up sound:
- play local mp3 files
- play internet radio station and
- play latest news as podcast (independent to the alarm time)
- set alarm via smartphone or any other computer
- runs Apache2 server
- automatic display brightness adjustment
- audio amplifier volume control
- 3D-printed case
- built-in tactile switch
- alphanumeric display shows text
- 3W speaker definitely wakes you up!