Ted Hale has improved upon his Hot Tub Controller. The latest iteration is mounted directly next to the tub and does the following:
- Monitor the water temperature
- Turn a circulation pump and heater on to heat the water as needed
- Respond to buttons that increase/decrease the desired temperature
- Respond to buttons that turn the water jets on and off
- Display the current temperature
- Detect various failure modes and place system in safe modeListen for commands from a smart phone app to control hot tubUpload data periodically to an Internet of Things service
You can read more about the controller here.