Cambridgeshire-based PiBorg have just announced a new product.
Say hello to the Diddyborg – Doodleborg’s younger brother. Here’s a picture of Doodleborg for comparison:
Here are some of the specs of the Diddyborg from their site.
- Chassis: Robust Laser cut 3mm Cast Acrylic Perspex™ in Black or Clear
- Motors: Six 1:71 (60rpm) metal gear 6V 220mA motors
- PicoBorg Reverse: Powerful two axis 5Amp motor controller
- BattBorg: Gets the most out of your batteries without needing a USB supply
- Full Build instructions: Detailed step by step instructions anyone can use
- Code library and example scripts: Simple to use software such as ball following
I’ve seen Diddyborg in the flesh at a recent Jam (Potton Pi & Pints) and it’s really cute. Stunningly well-made with excellent kit onboard.
The price is quite steep at £180, but once you take into account the sheer amount of kit, the quality of the motors and the included software, I think it’s about right for what is supposed to be a premium product.
Here it is in action: