Canada Has Established A Social Security Agreement

If not, she can use some of her years of contributions to the U.S. SS system to reach the 20-year threshold, but the amount of her AEO would be strictly based on the actual number of years of stay in Canada. I am a permanent resident of Canada and emigrated in 2003 with my family from Trinidad, where I lived for 49 years. I contributed to Trinidad`s social security program for 24 years, including the three years between 2003 and 2006, when I lived in Canada but worked in a Trinidad company. Between 2006 and 2009, I worked for a Canadian company in a 28-day rotation cycle to Algeria. Between 2010 and mid-2017, my job required long absences from Canada in the United Arab Emirates and Switzerland. I have consistently maintained my PR status since the first edition of 1997, paid taxes to CRA every year from 2003 to 2017 and filed returns for 2018 and 2019. I receive a CPP of $1716 and in January 2019 I applied for OAS, SIG and spouse`s allowance….